Mayagwe was a made-in-Canada app that provides direct access to a database of professional language interpreters – 24/7, 365 days a year – who can provide face-to-face interpretation services, either immediately or at a scheduled date/time.
Benefits for interpreters
- Fair and equal access to job opportunities.
- Employment opportunities with maximum flexibility for participation.
- Business experience as independent business operators.
- Connection and understanding of social serving agencies, reducing any stigma which may exist about the roles of these agencies.
- Eliminates favouritism or cronyism in offering employment opportunities to a selected few.
- Recognizes interpretation as a professional service.
- Quick direct payment for service.
Benefits for clients
- Direct access to trained interpreters.
- Flexible scheduling, from immediate requests to long-term scheduling.
- Ability to set criteria for interpreters unique to each organization.
- Ability to customize interpreter requests.
- Assurance of accreditation standards.
- Cost-effectiveness by only paying for services provided.
- Reducing risk of miscommunication and improper service.
- Demonstrating commitment to inclusiveness
Mayagwe is now discontinued. If you have any questions, please contact us.