Diversity and inclusion legislative compliance assistance
CCDI provides guidance on legislation compliance for some of Canada’s largest employers, including specific legislation related to diversity, including the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Accessibility for Manitobans Act.
Equity Growth is about assisting employers with diversity and inclusion legislative compliance. CCDI supports both Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP) and Federal Contractors Program (FCP) employers in the following areas:
- Communications planning – ensuring that your organization understands what the purpose of Employment Equity is and how to play a role in ensuring your organization is working together to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. Regular and ongoing communication is essential but requires a structured plan including different media, audiences and content. CCDI can work with your communication team to create a communication plan that will meet your legislative requirements without putting your staff to sleep.
- NOC validation – every job classification in Canada has a code, which is linked to a managerial level, the skills required, and the knowledge needed, and this is in constant flux. As new jobs emerge, codes need to adapt. CCDI can help your organization review the existing codes, by exploring job classification, job families based on progression, and how these jobs correspond to salary.
- Collecting workforce data – CCDI’s meter services can support organizations in collect their data as well as shine a light on potential inclusion issues. This additional level of insight can help your organization create Employment Equity plans that will address the actual issues faced by you.
- WEIMS report coaching– working with your HRIS team and initial data collected, CCDI can help you create properly coded .txt files ready for upload to WEIMS. Additionally, you will be assisted in running preliminary workforce analysis reports to identify and potential coding errors prior to uploading your data into WEIMS.
- Employment systems review support – This huge task can seem overwhelming to most organizations, but CCDI offers project management support and oversight to ensure the process runs smoothly and that all aspects of employment systems are reviewed.
- Creation of Employment Equity plan – using the workforce analysis, clustering data, flow data and ESR results, CCDI can work with you to create a plan to meet the needs specific to your organization, including regular monitoring and review to ensure a sustainable plan.
- LEEP narrative coaching (formerly called Business Narrative) – as you work towards generating your narrative component of the LEEP requirements, CCDI can provide you with recommendations as you think about your annual context for what you are doing in your diversity and inclusion strategy.