The Great General Counsel Auction
Event Type : Other
Starts at October 02, 2018 5:30 PM Eastern
Finishes at October 02, 2018 8:00 PM Eastern
The Great General Counsel Auction is just as the name implies – a silent auction featuring some of the “greatest” General Counsels in Canada! Each General Counsel has graciously volunteered to auction off their valuable time so the winner can gain a better understanding of what it’s like inside the fast paced office of a General Counsel.
The unique and creative prize package experiences are wide-ranging – some examples include a round of golf, tickets to the opera, dinner theatre, and many more. All packages feature one-on-one time with the General Counsel who donated the package.
The auction will be a fun-filled after-work affair with cocktails, and delicious hors d'oeuvres graciously provided by our event sponsor - Deloitte.
A portion of the proceeds will go toward the creation of the John Mountain Scholarship Fund, that CCDI is establishing in memory of John who passed away in June from cancer. John was a tireless advocate for diversity and inclusion and the work of CCDI, and it is through this Scholarship that his memory will live on. Click here to learn more about John.
How it works
- Tickets for the auction are $500 each and each firm/organization is allowed to purchase a maximum of five tickets. You will receive a partial charitable donation tax receipt post event.
- Each person in attendance receives five ballots. There will be one ballot box for each General Counsel who has donated their time. A person puts their ballots into the ballot box(s) of the package they want to win. At 6:30 p.m., one ballot from each ballot box will be selected and the prize will be awarded to that person.
- Based on attendance, firms may be restricted to winning one package. A person must be in attendance to win.
Participating General Counsel's/Prize Packages
- Ian Arellano – Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Scotiabank - Dinner for four at the Chairman’s Lounge and tickets to a Maple Leafs home game
- Heather Crawford - General Counsel, Fengate - Dinner and a theatre show in the spring of 2019
- Simon A. Fish - General Counsel, BMO Financial Group - Private tour of the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) with dinner at Alo for the winner and a guest
- Kenneth J. Fredeen - General Counsel, Deloitte Canada - Dinner for four and tickets to a Maple Leafs game
- Sheila A. Murray - President and General Counsel, CI Financial Corp - Dinner for four at George with wine pairings
- Ellen R. Patterson - Group Lead & General Counsel, TD Bank - Dinner at The Chase for three guests and a fascinating tour of TD’s art collection, highlighting Inuit and contemporary art pieces
- Patrice Walch-Watson – Senior Managing Director, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) – An Evening of Ping Pong, Pints and Perspective (for up to 8, hosted by Patrice with a few surprise guests)
Our host for the evening
Kenneth J. Fredeen
General Counsel and Secretary to the Board
Mr. Fredeen is General Counsel, Secretary to the Board, and a member of the Leadership Team with Deloitte LLP. He is a leader in the legal profession and the General Counsel community in particular. In addition to his responsibilities as General Counsel at Deloitte and managing a team of 25 situated both in Chile and Canada, he is a frequent speaker and panel member on topics related to the role and challenges of the general counsel, diversity, and in-house practice management. More...
Bay Adelaide East - 8 Adelaide Street West, Suite 200