New career opportunity: Coordinator, Administration
Posted in : Careers
Posted on : August 9, 2016
The Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion is seeking someone to join our fun, energetic team in the position of Coordinator, Administration. This person will provide clerical administrative and program support to the staff of CCDI. This position requires a candidate who is organized, resourceful, detail-oriented, reliable, punctual, outgoing and able to multi-task with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Provide customer service by acting as front-line contact for general public inquiries, answer all incoming calls, respond to inquiries, and directing calls to appropriate staff members.
- Manage calendar for the CEO, Chief Client Officer and other directors as needed, co-ordinating and scheduling internal and external meetings, appointments, and office social events, including making any catering and room-booking arrangements.
- Make travel arrangements for various staff.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Provide administrative support, including photocopying, scanning, data entry, reports, presentations, couriers and filing.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Prepare and/or proofread correspondence such as marketing brochures, reports, briefing notes, memos and letters.
- Research information as needed (such as specific contact information, etc.).
- Assist in the coordination of events and meetings.
- Other similar administrative duties as required.
- A minimum of one-year experience in similar role, or relevant education.
- Excellent typing (approximately 75 wpm) and computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
- Proficient with standard office equipment.
- Polite, adaptable, professional manner and communication skills, both orally (in person and by telephone) and in writing.
- Good research skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in handling confidential matters and interacting with management, staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Ability to take verbal and written direction and follow through to complete assigned tasks.
Optional Qualifications, an asset, but not required:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration
- Experience working in Diversity & Inclusion
- Experience working in Human Resources
- Proficiency in French an asset but not required.
The Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (“CCDI”) is a national registered charity with the mission to help those we work with be inclusive, free of prejudice and discrimination – and to generate the awareness, dialogue and action for people to recognize diversity as an asset and not an obstacle. We have an open-concept office at Yonge & College. The ideal candidate will be able to work effectively in a sometimes busy, noisy environment. The location is accessible for people with disabilities. Will be required to sit at a computer for most of the day.
- Location: Toronto, ON
- Contract type: Full-time
- Est. salary: $35,000 — $40,000
- Application deadline: August 26, 2016 by 5pm ET
How to apply:
Applications will only be accepted online via our talent sourcing partner, fitzii. Please submit your application below. No calls or emails please.
We are no longer accepting applications
for this position at this time.
Thank you to all who applied!