Our annual UnConference is being delivered to you this year as an immersive, interactive, and entertaining virtual experience.
UnConference 2021 will be held as a series of one-day events on both April 28 and 29 for English language programming and on May 11 for French language programming.
Adopt the right attitude. Acquire critical skills. Gain knowledge.
This year, we are doing a deeper dive into the three facets of cultural competence:
- Self-awareness – We examine the stages of cultural competence and leave you with tangible tools for your self-development and the cultural upskilling of your organization. Learn about the myth of meritocracy, coping strategies used by non-dominant group members and take a deep dive into the experiences of CCDI employer partners who have used the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) tool and its impact on their approach to cultural competence.
- Awareness of others - How can we learn more about the people we work and interact with? We examine different cultural dimensions, cultural archetypes, how they impact groups and the navigational strategies to avoid cultural conflict while developing cultural intelligence and humility.
- Art of allyship - Learn more about the art of allyship from our panelists. Listen to them discuss how they demonstrate allyship within their organizations, and how they actively plan to keep the allyship momentum going.
Employer Partner organizations are entitled to up to 6 complimentary tickets. After that additional tickets may be purchased for a 15 per cent discount or $425 (plus fees).
Individual Practitioners and Canadian Certified Inclusion Professionals (CCIP) receive a 10 per cent discount for a cost of $450 (plus fees).
The general public may purchase tickets at the cost of $500 each (plus fees).
Registration and schedule
Registration for this event is now closed.
- Registration for UnConference 2021 will close on April 23, 2021 at midnight ET.
- Registration for DéConférence 2021 will close on May 7, 2021 at midnight ET.