CCDI Community of Practice Events are designed to be highly interactive sessions of two and ½ hours, to foster an intimate environment in which participants feel secure to learn and explore a specific diversity and inclusion topic.
No matter your level of experience with diversity and inclusion, human rights, or human resources, CCDI Community of Practice Events will provide you with a unique learning experience.
In years past, these events have been presented in various communities across Canada. As you know all too well, we have had to move these events online until it is again safe to host in-person events.
The Truth and Reconciliation Commission put forward 94 Calls to Action that Canadians can commit to in working toward reconciliation with Indigenous peoples in Canada. But what role do employers have in reconciliation? CCDI and Indigenous Works are pleased to host CCDI’s Community of Practice event: Indigenous inclusion 2.0 which will take participants through the Commission’s recommendations related to the workplace, share locally relevant issues around Indigenous inclusion, and provide examples of ways employers can work toward meaningful reconciliation.
At this event, we'll:
- Discuss the Truth & Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action that are relevant to Canadian workplaces.
- Walk through what a Reconciliation Action Plan is and how to create one.
- Understand where your organization falls on the Indigenous Works Inclusion Continuum and share local issues and solutions to support Indigenous inclusion in your workplace.
Who should attend?
- This session is open to anyone who wishes to learn more about the history, challenges and opportunities related to indigenous inclusion in the workplace, and who aspires to promote and support a more inclusive work environment for Indigenous peoples.
- This session will be two and a half hours long. The first two hours will be facilitated learning covering topics like the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action, creating a Reconciliation Action Plan, using interactive tools such as breakout rooms, polls, and open discussion. The last half hour will be for networking and follow up questions.
CCDI will be hosting the autumn Community of Practice Events between October 5 and November 4, 2021.
Dates and times
- October 5, 2021 at 11 a.m. Eastern
- October 6, 2021 at 1 p.m. Eastern
- October 7, 2021 at 5 p.m. Eastern
- October 12, 2021 at 3 p.m. Eastern
- October 13, 2021 at 9 a.m. Eastern
- October 14, 2021 at 11 a.m. Eastern
- October 19, 2021 at 5 p.m. Eastern
- October 20, 2021 at 1 p.m. Eastern
- October 21, 2021 at 11 a.m. Eastern
- October 26, 2021 at 9 a.m. Eastern
- October 27, 2021 at 1 p.m. Eastern
- October 28, 2021 at 3 p.m. Eastern
- November 2, 2021 at 3 p.m. Eastern
- November 4, 2021 at 1 p.m. Eastern
For more on our French event, click here.
- To keep these sessions interactive and to maintain the intimate nature of these gatherings, attendance will be capped at no more than 100 people in a session.
- Each session will also include CCDI facilitators.
- Registration closes five business days prior to the session.
- The sessions will be conducted using the Zoom platform.
- To maintain attendee’s privacy and to encourage open communication, none of the sessions will be recorded.
CCDI Employer Partner and Individual Practitioners
Complimentary registrations are a benefit of your membership with CCDI.
Registration is now open.
If you are a member of the public, we invite you to attend for the price of $59 (plus fee) per registration.
Registration is now open.
Please contact [email protected] should you have any questions.