New career opportunity: Coordinator, Events
Posted in : Careers
Posted on : June 21, 2017
The Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI) is a national educational charity with the mandate of educating Canadians on the value of diversity and inclusion.
CCDI puts on multiple events, in 16 cities across Canada throughout the year. We are looking for an experienced event coordinator who will be responsible for coordinating the complete logistics of those events (not necessarily attending them).
The successful candidate will work on several projects at once. Extended hours may be required particularly just before and during an event (conferences and Gala). At times, the work is stressful.
This position reports to the Manager, Communications and works closely with the Leadership Team in managing event details.
Applications are only accepted online. No calls, emails or office visits, please. For more information on the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion, visit our website at www.ccdi.ca.
The Coordinator, Events’ duties vary depending on the nature of the event but, in general, they include the following:
- develop an event plan or calendar of events
- co-ordinate with internal colleagues to understand, determine, and assess webinar and community of practice production needs and requirements
- manage and support monthly webinars and events production using our standard templates and guidelines
- communicate with speakers regarding agreements, materials deadlines, and setting expectations for day of event
- build and maintain sponsor/exhibitor deliverable spreadsheets
- point person for all event sponsor/exhibitor communications
- assist in production of event materials, program guide and event signage to ensure organization/sponsor/exhibitor deliverables have been met
- meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan the scope and format of events, establish and monitor budgets, review administrative procedures and discuss progress
- co-ordinate services (for example, accommodation and transportation for participants, catering, signage, displays, translation services, audiovisual equipment, printing, security) and deal with any problems that arise
- co-ordinate decor design and special effects
- plan set up and tear down procedures
- receive and process registrations
- maintain records for the event and prepare reports
Qualifications (must have)
- The following qualifications are required.
- One year experience in a similar event management role and/or a completed post-secondary education in event management
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational/project management skills
- Capability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adeptness and ease in learning new software programs
- Ability to work well under pressure and make responsible decisions quickly
- Problem solving skills
- Advanced experience in MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with Adobe Connect for Webinars - Admin Features
The following qualifications are not required but would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of French.
- Understanding of workplace diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of basic HTML design
- Working experience with WordPress
- Working experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Working experience with MS SharePoint
The application process is now closed.
Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion
New career opportunity: Coordinator