New career opportunity: Coordinator, IT Service Management
Posted in : Careers
Posted on : December 22, 2017
The ITSM Coordinator (Information Technology Service Management) is responsible for providing technical and administrative service setup, support, and assistance to the Senior ITSM Coordinator / IT Manager and clients as well.
This position requires a candidate who has experience in an IT service management role and in quality assurance.
This position is in downtown Calgary.
- Manage and update all electronic information, applications, printer drivers, windows operating system for CCDI.
- Install new applications, making configuration changes to existing applications and fine tuning the production applications.
- Monitor backup, application, network and system issues and be proactive in resolving the issues
- Maintain good documentation on production applications, network and system, which include configurations, backup and change history information.
- Setup users accounts, desk phones, mobile phones, workstations and notebook computers.
- Review and resolve tickets with our IT vendors.
- Supports Operations day-to-day with any system configuration changes.
- Provide IT technical support and training as required, on internal processes & software applications.
- Works with the team to understand project(s) priorities, timelines and dependencies.
- Work with ITSM Senior Coordinator to setup clients in our custom developed tools.
- Conduct functional and user testing based on testing scripts and manage issue log up to resolution.
- Provide back-up support to ITSM Senior Coordinator by completing assigned duties as required to meet the needs of the organization.
Technical Skills and Education
- Completion of College or University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or related discipline.
- 2-5 years of experience in an IT Service Management role including some experience in building software requirements documents for the delivery of IT initiatives.
- Experience in installing Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge of HTML, SQL and any other programming languages.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Strong comfort with web-based technology.
- Must be committed to teamwork.
- Strong client focus:
- dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of internal & external customers.
- uses feedback for improvements in products and services.
- Listening – Patient and attentive, you practice active listening and can accurately restate the opinions of others even when you disagree.
- Written communication skills – able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills including meticulous attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision – enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to manage effectively in a fast-paced multi-task environment.
- Ability to take verbal and written direction and follow through to complete projects and tasks as assigned.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in handling confidential data and interacting with management, staff, clients and volunteers.
The following qualifications are not required but would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish.
- Understanding of workplace diversity and inclusion.
Be sure to complete the required online application process, and provide a RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN ONE FILE. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The application process is now closed.