New career opportunity: Coordinator, Project Management Office (PMO)
Posted in : Careers
Posted on : January 18, 2018
CCDI is looking for an experienced Project Manager to fill the position of Coordinator, PMO. This Coordinator will support the Manager, PMO with the management of all client engagements. This position will be responsible for the technical aspect of project management for all consulting engagements, using Microsoft Project and other related MS applications such as MS Dynamic, OneNote, Excel and Outlook. The Project Coordinator will be key to help increase our efficiency and efficacy in terms of assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, invoicing, analyzing workloads and reporting internally. Some interaction with clients may also be involved.
This position reports to the Manager, Project Management Office and is located in downtown Toronto.
Applications are only accepted online. No calls, emails or office visits, please.
Integrated project management and reporting (internal)
- Manage the PMO’s integrated project tracking method to coordinate the delivery and reporting for all consulting engagements.
- Coordinate the activities of internal resources and third parties to ensure flawless execution of the project (project resources may be based in more than one location)
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Maintain quarterly internal reporting for all consulting engagements.
- Report and escalate any issues to management as needed.
Project status and reporting (external)
Support the Project Manager, as directed, to:
- Establish and maintain relationships with external clients, third parties, and vendors.
- Ensure the project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Provide weekly status updates and/or smart reporting to clients, upon request.
- Manage any changes to the project scope, timeline, and budget using appropriate verification techniques.
- Implement and integrate project management and reporting methods across all consulting engagements through the PMO.
- This position requires a candidate who has excellent management and communication skills, is organized, resourceful, detail-oriented, and able to balance multiple timelines and deliverables within a busy and supportive environment.
Qualifications (must have):
Technical Skills and Education:
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Project and strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook. PowerPoint).
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar Project Coordinator role/capacity in Business, Consulting or Education sector.
- Ability to coordinate multiple concurrent projects through the technical software.
- Strong collaborative and internal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical skills to identify inconsistencies or inefficiencies and suggest problem-solving options.
- Strong organizational skills including meticulous attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in handling confidential data while interacting with management, staff, clients, and third parties.
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision.
The following qualifications are not required but would be an asset.
- A post-secondary degree or certificate in Project Management or Business Administration.
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics.
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish.
- Understanding of workplace diversity and inclusion.
Be sure to complete the required online application process, and provide a RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN ONE FILE. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The application deadline for this position is February 2, 2018 at 8:00 p.m. ET.
- To apply for this position, please click here.