New career opportunity: Manager, Communications
Posted in : Careers
Posted on : November 22, 2016
The Manager, Communications is responsible for creating and managing all communications for CCDI, as well as stands as the acting brand manager.
This position requires a candidate who has experience in communications, marketing, and social media. The successful candidate is organized, resourceful, detail-oriented, punctual, and able to multi-task large projects in a fast-paced environment.
This position can be located in either Toronto or Calgary.
Application online only. No calls, emails or office visits please. For more information on the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion, visit our website at www.ccdi.ca
- Maintain all CCDI social media channels. Platforms include: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram, including creating content, managing responses, cultivating relationships, and follower moderation.
- Plan, craft, and distribute communications, including mass emails, blogs, vlogs, newsletters, event reminders, and event follow-up.
- Create and implement communications plans (including marketing materials) for CCDI products, services, events and campaigns.
- Update and maintain CCDI websites.
- Manage brand usage.
- Create post-event reports for all webinars and online focus groups.
- Monitor various diversity-related current events or media attention regarding CCDI and its partners.
The following qualifications are required.
- College or University Degree in communications, marketing, and/or social media management or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in communications, marketing, and/or social media management.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products, including: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to problem-solve and resolve issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and must be committed to teamwork.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to manage effectively in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Ability to take verbal and written direction, and follow through to complete projects and tasks as assigned.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in handling confidential data and interacting with management, staff, and volunteers.
The following qualifications are not required but would be an asset.
- Experience with Adobe Design products such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Premiere.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Knowledge of HTML, SQL and any other programming languages would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of French.
- Understanding of workplace diversity and inclusion.
Due to a high volume in applications received, we will be closing the application process for this position effectively immediately.
Thank you to all who you have applied,